Manual Lawnmowers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fed up with my Honda Izy for a variety of reasons...it suddenly occurred to me that, as it doesnt drive itself along, I effectively have a manual lawnmower. So, maybe a new pushyalong cylinder could be purchased and I could sell the Izy on to someone who maybe cuts a lot of dodgy lawns for a living.

So, does anyone here use a pushalong one, and if so, which one would be a good purchase?

Sponsored Links
Hard work unless you have a perfect postage stamp size lawn, I'd wager!
Has the Izy ever been self propelled?
John :)

On wet grass the roller slides along without rotating and as result the blades do not rotate and all that happens is you get tired and the grass gets flattened.

You won't beat a Ransomes Ajax and they are still about on eBay(y)

Sponsored Links
The Izy is not self-propelled, which is why moving to manual in and of itself doesn't seem an issue. Good tip on the wet grass issue, though that seems rather easy to side-step......

You won't beat a Ransomes Ajax and they are still about on eBay(y)
Much as I love old machines like those they are pretty heavy to be pushing, which is why I am considering a move away from the Izy....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back