Mapp gas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody know if it is true that mapp gas is as dangerous as what my friends have said.
Apparently it has been linked to cancer.
I have a full cannister :evil:

Sponsored Links
yes it is and yes it has only use mapp in a very well ventilated area pref outside :eek:

i got half a doz bottles clearly states carbon monoxide hazard but small print states"this fuel and by products of combustion of this fuel contain chemicals known to the state of califonia to cause cancer,birth defects,or other reproductive harm" :eek:

Sponsored Links
one of my gas bottles states in the warning 'DO NOT USE IN YOUR SLEEP'.........i know that i dream of work (sad i know) somtimes but i dont actually solder anything.......well i hope not.....

I wonder how the cancer risk of standing in a garage putting petrol in your tank compares with using MAPP gas. (Oh, sorry there's no risk at all because there's a big automobile lobby group).

As if we did not have enough to worry about SHEEEEEEESSH

I give up

The water I drink will give me cancer
the food I eat will give me cancer
the boilers i work will give me cancer

I give up (reaching for his fags thinking what the heck the soldering will probably kill me frist)

I can imagine it might be unhealthy if you sniff it, but if you set fire to it you just get carbon dioxide and water.

They had a different use in my local merchant though, round Wimbledon time. They found that a tennis ball slides nicely down a but of gutter downpipe. 6ft length, a stop for the ball about half way down. Hole near capped base big enough for a blowtorch nozzle. Insert unlit blowtorch for timed period (took experimenting). Then light blowtorch. Ball lands in next borough. Or next but one if you use Mapp gas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back