Maps, Plans & Planning Applications

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

As I understand from the Planning Portal a Location Plan should:

• Should be at an identified standard metric scale (typically 1:1250 or 1:2500 for larger sites) and should show the direction north.
    It should be scaled to fit on an A4 size document.
    Show sufficient roads and/or buildings on land adjoining the application site.
    Show application site boundaries and all land necessary to carry out the
    proposed development i.e. land required for access to the site from the road,
    outlined in red.
    A blue line should be drawn around any other land owned by the applicant that is close to or adjacent to the property.

This I understand means that if I want to build on the land adjacent to my house (presently a part of my garden) the council will take into consideration the parking provision for my existing house.

But if someone else were to submit the same planning application they would not own any of the land so the existing house would not be shown in blue.

Therefore would the council still have any right to examine the planning needs of the existing property?

Sponsored Links
I am less inclined to answer questions by posters who have previously asked questions but have not bothered to reply to any of the replies to them.

Thank you for your reply freddymercurystwin, if you see my previous thread (see link) the first response does not actually address the question being asked and the remaining responses are about something completely different.

//www.diynot.com/forums/building-regs-planning/building-regs-single-glazed-windows.404500/

As it happened my question was quickly made redundant because my tradesman was not willing to move the windows. So at that point it seemed pointless to clarify the question being asked.

Thank you for your understanding. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back