Planning application and archaeological implications

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I'm new here.

I have applied for planning permission for four houses on my land where others along my road and in line with my property have been passed and are building houses. I have an attached letter on my planning application that states there could be potential archaeological implications, struggling to understand what this all is, does anyone understand this please. Many thanks

We do not object to development from proceeding but consider that the site be subject to a program of archaeological investigation secured through the inclusion of a negative condition such as the model condition number 55 contained in doe planning circular 11/95.

No development shall take place within the area indicated until the applicant, or their agent had secured the implementation of a program of archaeological work in accordance with a written scheme of investigation which has been submitted by the applicant and approved in writing by the local authority.

Sponsored Links
You will have to carry out an archaeological investigation and produce a report for planning. The result will determine what actions are required from there. It's impossible to say at this stage. It could be anything from a complete archaeological dig to a watching brief. The latter is more usual and means you employ a registered beardy to watch your ground workers to see if they unearth anything.

In other words, get in touch with a local Archaeological Consultant. They will be used to preparing a Watching Brief (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watching_brief) for this sort of thing - and will probably have a fair idea of what might be found. Your local university appears to offer such a service.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back