Mates rates or average for job?

Haha, fair enough and appreciate what you are saying, but honestly we are on the bones of our a**es with the work needed to be done on this house and holidays for us will be a thing of the past for a while as once our money runs out we know we will still have a fair bit to do and that means back to saving whilst trying to pay the bills and fight off those pescy mortgage payments :cry:
Will get there with it and we are excited as its our first house and more than just your average wallpaper change and carpets to do. But that's the reason we bought it for the challenge.....god help us :eek:

if you are near me i would help you for virtually nowt as its a warm feeling inside :cool:

the main trouble is when people decide they will ask me to do something they can do themselves [ply lining a van for example] because its easier to ask "big all" as a cheap source off labour to do the job

i want to do jobs that people cant do but work beside them to teach them how
so inform them and share knowledge and skills

my friend said can you do the cable racking i said yes if you are there as he would learn
he said he had to go
i said i would come back when he phoned to say he was back
he asked me to work without him i said no when he comes back i will help him

he was full off praise and platitudes but wanted me to do his work as a cheap source off labour
now we all have our lives to lead but we must be aware that using your friends as a cheap source of labour is a very selfish thing :eek: ;)

Sponsored Links
Very kind gesture and only wish I was nearer!
I agree with what you say about learning bits yourself as I'm looking to do the same with the plasterer, I'm taking time off work to help board out the rooms and help with the skim, knocking up mixes, cutting boards etc....anything I can pick up along the way will be a huge bonus should I need to do something again and save me money to in getting involved as much as i can

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back