Bathroom Suite Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening everyone.

I have a replacement bathroom suite purchased (Bath, Pedestal Sink and Toilet) which is like for like with my current suite. Will also be having a towel radiator (I will be supplying) installed in place of the current radiator and replace the electric shower (I will be supplying - no new wiring required).

Have been quoted £730 (North East Scotland) - sound about right?

Sponsored Links
maybe down here, would of thought abit cheaper up there.

but i've not seen the job.

Up there is just as wealthy if not wealthier than down your way seco.
Still a lot of oil money

Sponsored Links
Thanks. My initial reaction was that the price was a bit high (can't take too long for an experienced plumber to swap in a new suite!). Hard to see it being more than ~20 hours work to be honest, unless of course I'm completely underestimating the complexity of it!!

Will shop around some more.

Just remember its not all labour the bits and bobs to fit bathroom suite soon add up , 2 sets flexis, pan connectors , isolating valves , valves for towel rad etc etc

81 Last time yous won anything :LOL: :LOL:

(can't take too long for an experienced plumber to swap in a new suite!). Hard to see it being more than ~20 hours work to be honest, unless of course I'm completely underestimating the complexity of it!!

i love it when people tell me how long it should take to do a job.

there is no such thing as a straight swop, you never know what problems your going to face when pricing or looking at a job it always has some hidden problem lurcking away somewhere.

even namsag will know that on his hand basin job. ;)

(can't take too long for an experienced plumber to swap in a new suite!). Hard to see it being more than ~20 hours work to be honest, unless of course I'm completely underestimating the complexity of it!!

i love it when people tell me how long it should take to do a job.

there is no such thing as a straight swop, you never know what problems your going to face when pricing or looking at a job it always has some hidden problem lurcking away somewhere.

even namsag will know that on his hand basin job. ;)

Yeah, apologies for that, was just trying to do a rough calc as to potential man hours to give me a basis of a figure to work with.

Guess I wont know until I get a couple more quotes. If they're all the same then I guess that's the going rate and I'll need to stump up!

5-6 hrs if its a straight swap (includes alterering supply pipes a bit), 8hrs if there is a problem to sort out or a leak etc that needs redoing under the bath.
i dont do much plumbing work now but i know a couple of guys who are doing 2 straight swaps a day for good prices on council contracts, these are straight swaps, chopping the bath, whb and wc supplies at the right height then using flexi's new traps no new waste pipe required, and st. multikwik into existing plastic waste, still good going to do 2 a day though, new suite is dropped at front door and old one taken away by labourers

new suite is dropped at front door and old one taken away by labourers
Don`t know they are born :rolleyes: Was never that easy on DLO for council/H.A then the politicians sacked us all and got contractors. Must be cheaper for you taxpayers :LOL: Me, I don`t pay any ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back