Maths Homwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all just thought i would post some maths home work for you all to work out as i dont have a clue on how to do it.

Bit complicated and not sure if this can be calculated but here goes?

If a property is supplied with 3 bar cold mains water pressure what flow rate would that give you at the tap in litres per minute?

As i assume you should have at least 3 bar cold supply of water pressure on entry into the property?

Sponsored Links
You can not calculate this accurately unless you have precise details and even then it is not precise. Question is really: why on earth would you want to??

Your assumption is optimistic. You may have 3bar, but you are only guaranteed 1bar. The flow will depend on the pipework in the property and the taps used so you need to provide more information. Easier to measure it.

This isn't maths, it's engineering. IE you need to allow for the maximum variation of several factors, then add a contingency.

It's a bit like, using an electrical analogy, flow (current in Amps) = pressure (volts) divided by resistance(Ohms).

Answer - "It depends".

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back