maximum pressure drop on old pipework

No, its the figure I understand is used to determine if its likely to cause a nuisence.

Manufacturers still quote 600mm from a surface ( wall ) opposite the terminal. Thats far too small and will make that wall wet and cause some recirculation of POCs.

Although few quote distance opposite a window or other opening into a building but if they did then they would probably still quote 1200 mm. Those figures were based on non-fanned balanced flue terminals. In practice at least the 2400 mm is required and often much more.

These figures are all minimums and the determining factor is if a nuisence is being caused.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Suggest you read the corgi book page 289 edition 4 then its all explained there.
That way it does away with how you understand it as its in black and white

Suggest you read the corgi book page 289 edition 4 then its all explained there.
That way it does away with how you understand it as its in black and white

You had me for a minute Namsag (flat roof terminations :confused: ) until I realised I was looking at edition five. :oops: (page 295)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back