McAlpine Shower Drain Installation Question

Bon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got one of these on order, it's the 75mm seal, horizontal outlet version for tiled floors (top plate is square with a removable round grate it's at http://www.andyplumb.co.uk/product_subcat.asp?typeID=1157&SubID=197)

I can't get it until next week, however I would like to get the waste pipe through the wall so I can finish first fixing the floors and walls this weekend.

Does anyone know roughly how far below floor level the centre of the outlet is or am I just as well fixing the waste pipe as low as possible and using 2 x 45 degree bends to drop down to the waste pipe from the trap outlet?[/url]

Sponsored Links
Erm, nope! Thought they'd be compression.

You can access the trap from the top though so shouldn't be a problem should it??

Thanks for the distance though but I doubt I'll be able to get it done today unless the weather picks up as I don't fancy ending up on the roof of next door's garage when drilling through the outer brickwork course :eek: !!

Bon said:
You can access the trap from the top though so shouldn't be a problem should it??

It will be if you first fix your flooring, you won't be able to glue the pipe to trap unless you can get at it from a ceiling below.

Sponsored Links
did u know the trap outlet is 50mm (2") but comes with a reducer. On a power shower the 50mm waste is recomended.

Lee-King said:
Bon said:

It will be if you first fix your flooring, you won't be able to glue the pipe to trap unless you can get at it from a ceiling below.

OK, I see uug197h's point now. I guess I should leave a hatch out of the floor so I can access the waste pipe and trap.

It's the walls I need to get on with really so I can get everything screwed down where the walls meet the floor, and then continue the battening to the floor and get aquapanelling.

I've just come in from drilling through the wall (started raining after I'd done it - how strange!) Now going to get on with doing the floor and walls.

Thanks for all your help guys, much appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back