MDPE to POLYBUTYLENE ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advice please>> We are replacing outside lead pipe with MDPE and will have to re route where it comes into the house ( cavity wall ) because of a new conservatory. I am not sure how, but assume we will need to drill a hole through the kitchen wall, at an angle into the trench where it will link with the new MDPE.I have read about sleeving and insulation, but wonder if I could connect flexible Polybutylene 15mm pipe or PE-XBarrier pipe ( whats the difference ? ) to the MDPE blue pipe outside to the copper pipe inside. It just seems that this will be easier to feed into the house than a solid copper pipe. Any advice or alternative methods would be appreciated, but please keep it simple, I am not technical!!
Thank you Terry

Sponsored Links
Of course you can joint MDPE.

The water companies do it all the time especially around meter locations.

Why not take the new MDPE straight into the house and connect that to your copper?

try reading the post, the op wants to join onto the mdpe underground, do you think I meant that the mdpe went all the way back to the resevoir when I said you couldent have joins in it ?

Sponsored Links
Of course you can joint MDPE.

The water companies do it all the time especially around meter locations.

Why not take the new MDPE straight into the house and connect that to your copper?

Thanks for the reply,.... 'why not take the new pipe straight in....., its an excellent idea and I am now trying to work out in my head why I didnt even consider it. Brilliant !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back