Measuring ZS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, Help please.

Which table do you use for Max EFLI? in BS7671 table 41B2 says Max efli for a type B 32amp MCB is 1.5 ohms but table 2D in GN3 says 1.2 ohms

Anyone else have this problem or am I being blonde :?:

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
One is the corrected to the rule of thumb, re: temp during fault.

You should record the max UNCORRECTED value on forms, but compare your measured value to the CORRECTED chart. If you exceed the corrected chart, it's calculation time ;)

BTW, I recall the regs use 75% as rule of thumb, where as the NIC publish 80% figures.

one is the actual maximum, the other is a 80% rule of thumb value, you can measure it and say, yeah less than 1.2 ohms, fine, rather than compensating for the temperature of the cable at the time your are measuring, etc, etc

Sponsored Links
Lectrician said:
BTW, I recall the regs use 75% as rule of thumb, where as the NIC publish 80% figures.

The 80% figures also appear in the IEE On Site Guide. (The NIC don't make up their own rules as many seem to believe.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back