Megaflo Information Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Can somobody please help me with my diemma.

I want to have installed a megaflo (or similar) as I am pi**ed of with not having enough hot water from my combi, the Mrs puts the washing machine on, or fills the sink and I'm left standing in a freezing shower and vice versa of course. The central heating itself is brilliant.

I have no idea what is the best make of cylinder other than Megaflo..? which is the name I keep hearing. Is this a scenario like everyone calling a vaccum cleaner a Hoover..?

Do I really have to apply for planning permission for a (cylinder) Megaflo
to be added to my combi...? Which is a Worcester 28 CDi.

I called a local plumbing company that started umming and erring and talking about building regs and building control, completely lost me and left me in the lerch as to when it can be done, is there some type of time constraint with this type of installation or have I misunderstood what this chap was explaining to me..?

I only want more hot water and I'm prepared to pay, so whats the holdup..? Please enlighten me if you can, I'd be very grateful...!

Sponsored Links
Yes Megaflo IS like Hoover.

The installer has to inform Building Control before he installs it, which he has to be registered as qualified to do. Sometimes they want to inspect.

Before you decide what you can have, measure your cold water mains pressure and flow, or you'll waste your money.

Sponsored Links
Kevplumb, Thanks for that link it was enlightening, any more info anyone can point out to me would be very much appreciated.

ChrisR, so the installer only has to inform Building Control, is it safe to assume that there is no actual planning application...?

As for measuring the mains pressure and flow, surley thats a job for the professionals, I wouldn't have the foggiest....?

Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back