Some advice on Heatrae megaflo 300 PLEASE

Agile said:
On my second Unvented course two weeks ago the Trainer was convinced that all the installer needs to do was to advise BC AFTER the work was completed.

This conflicts with what I was taught ten years ago when I first did the training ten years ago.

However my memory vaguely remembers the legislation as saying it had to be advised in advance ?

Tony

He can IF he belongs to a reg body under Part H and G and has G3 Registration Tony

I do mine through CORGI

it used to be that you had to notify the LC TEN days prior to installation, and if you got no reply you took that as a tacit agreement to its installation

Funny ol game aint it

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
On my second Unvented course two weeks ago the Trainer was convinced that all the installer needs to do was to advise BC AFTER the work was completed.
What the trainer thinks is entirely irrelevant.

This conflicts with what I was taught ten years ago when I first did the training ten years ago.

However my memory vaguely remembers the legislation as saying it had to be advised in advance ?
If your memory is that bad, then how can you be sure that there's a conflict?

Is there really any point whatsoever in you posting something that's so vague and potentially inaccurate? What use to anybody is a wofty vague notion of what the legislation might or might not say?

gas4you said:
I assume this is correct now that we can notify via corgi afterwards :rolleyes:
It's up to you how you interpret it, but the Building Regulations say the following:

Giving of a building notice or deposit of plans
12. -

(5) A person who intends to carry out building work consisting only of the installation of a heat-producing gas appliance is not required to give a building notice or deposit full plans if the appliance is to be installed by a person, or an employee of a person, approved in accordance with regulation 3 of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998[6].

Particulars and plans where a building notice is given
13. -

(4) Where building work involves the provision of a hot water storage system in relation to which paragraph G3 of Schedule 1 (hot water storage) imposes a requirement, a building notice shall be accompanied by a statement which specifies -

<some information>

Regulation 21

Schedule 2A to the Building Regulations 2000 substituted by these Regulations

SCHEDULE 2A

Self-certification schemes and exemptions from requirement to give building notice or deposit full plans

[code:1]2. Installation of heating or hot water service system connected to a heat-producing gas appliance, or associated controls.

A person registered by CORGI Services Limited[47] in respect of that
type of work.
[/code:1]

corgiman said:
So you can self cert and use your trade body to notify?
Only if you're registered with "CORGI Services Ltd" in respect of that type of work.

Note that "CORGI Services Ltd" is very much not the same organisation as "CORGI" - the latter being the Council upon whom the HSE has bestowed the duty of maintaining a register of suitably accredited gas installers.

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
corgiman said:
So you can self cert and use your trade body to notify?
Only if you're registered with "CORGI Services Ltd" in respect of that type of work.

Note that "CORGI Services Ltd" is very much not the same organisation as "CORGI" - the latter being the Council upon whom the HSE has bestowed the duty of maintaining a register of suitably accredited gas installers.

lmaO

thought so

When I go on to corgi notify website it lists un-vented as one of the options to be able to notify. I take it I can notify through this as this must be 'corgi services' ltd then :confused: :rolleyes:

gas4you said:
When I go on to corgi notify website it lists un-vented as one of the options to be able to notify. I take it I can notify through this as this must be 'corgi services' ltd then :confused: :rolleyes:
I don't know - I haven't tried - do you have to be an RGI to get to that particular page?

_______
Edit: trying to reinstate the post how it was...

Yes Softus you do. It is the same site that you register your gas appliances on and electrical work if you are Part P etc.

Corgi did write to me, a generic letter to all rgi's i suppose, stating that if I replied with my un-vented qualifications I could then register un-vented via them to building control.

Thinking about it, that facility is probably to enable an existing RGI to register to be able to notify CORGI of the installation of a heat-producing gas burning appliance, in accordance with the following paragraph of BRs regulation 21:

[code:1]Type of work

1. Installation of a heat-producing gas appliance.

Person carrying out work

A person, or an employee of a person, who is a member of a class of persons approved in accordance with regulation 3 of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998[46].[/code:1]
So I can only deduce that this registration is with CORGI, whereas the notification for control systems is with CORGI Services Ltd.

I've got my first one to register via corgi probably next week if sparkies get everything connected, so I'll try to remember to let you know, but with my memory :rolleyes:

I was joshing. :oops:

To be serious about it, I would like to know the answer, as and when you, or anyone, finds out.

BTW, is it only me who finds the relationship between the use of the name "CORGI" within "CORGI Services Ltd." to be both gauche and disingenuous? Devious even? Definitely not corrupt though - oh no, I would never suggest that.

I would expect that anyone with the G3 qualification could use CORGI to notify after paying the registration fee for G3 or Part P even if they were no registered for gas.

So to sum up, when I did unvented pre 2000 it was necessary but since then the building Regs have been amended to allow notification afterwards through Corgi Services Ltd.

Its interesting that the same qualified person can presumably still pre notify BC at no cost or can at a small cost post notify via Corgi Services Ltd.

Tony

Why do you think that it costs nothing to "pre-notify"? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back