Some advice on Heatrae megaflo 300 PLEASE

Another point, Andy, that does not appear to have been touched on regarding Megaflo's.

The installation will have to be notified to your local Building Control department. Has the charge for this been included for in the price you have been quoted?

And is the person who quoted qualified to install such beasts?

Sponsored Links
giblets said:
Another point, Andy, that does not appear to have been touched on regarding Megaflo's.

The installation will have to be notified to your local Building Control department. Has the charge for this been included for in the price you have been quoted?

And is the person who quoted qualified to install such beasts?

well to be fair DP did say BG to be notified But I reckon he meant BC ;)

if t he person is qualified he can self cert and notify via his registeration body

Corgiman typing error, should read BC (building control)

Each time I have had to submit plans showing various connections and discharge pipes..

On completion of work, completion notice is sent to BC.

DP said:
Corgiman typing error, should read BC (building control)

Each time I have had to submit plans showing various connections and discharge pipes..

On completion of work, completion notice is sent to BC.

thought so mate

But I for one will be sending info to bg on all my installation (just to save them the trouble of paying CORGI for it ;) )

Sponsored Links
Andy67 said:
Would someone advise me whether a price for putting in a Heatrae megaflo is correct please. I have been quoted £3250.00 to install a Heatrae Megaflo 300 and that includes flushing at a cost of £340.00. I want to have it done very soon, I just want to know that I am not getting ripped off. It seemed slightly expensive as I saw the Heatrae megaflo on the net for £1200.00. And also how long should I expect disruption to my house?
Thanks for any help.

Have you seen this yet -
http://www.waterheaterblast.com/
Why install a potential pressure bomb in your home when their are other alternatives which dont cost the earth.
Have you good mains pressure ?. You will need it for a system like this.!
Why 300 L. ? Have you a large HW usage ?.
If you must install an UV cylinder then go for an ACV. Much higher heat recovery rates and cheaper than the megaflow. :D

Balenza said:
Have you seen this yet -
http://www.waterheaterblast.com/
Why install a potential pressure bomb in your home when their are other alternatives which dont cost the earth.
JHC; ridiculous scare-mongering, and that tired old picture being rolled out again. :rolleyes:

Andy67 - don't listen to a single mis-spelled word that comes from this member's keyboard. If you don't believe me then have a look at what others on the forum have to say about him/her.

Softus Wrote

JHC; ridiculous scare-mongering,

You're over reacting. I would certainly think twice about having one installed in my home after seeing this.
And God knows their are enough cowboys out there to make a botch up of the install these days. :(
I think it would make a good video for UV training providers to hammer home the dangers of these systems to their students.
Dont you agree ?

Softus said:
Go away BigBurn. I'm not rising.

awwww why not???

I feel let down know, and not a little worried, softus not rising is like the sun not shining ;)

*sings

I see the bad a soft a rising
I see theres trouble on the way
I see an argument lasting for hours
I see the original posters just going away

;)

corgiman said:
*sings

I see the bad a soft a rising
I see theres trouble on the way
I see an argument lasting for hours
I see the original posters just going away

;)

[chorus]

Don't log on tonight
This post will be full of shi*te
There's a barney on the rise

On my second Unvented course two weeks ago the Trainer was convinced that all the installer needs to do was to advise BC AFTER the work was completed.

This conflicts with what I was taught ten years ago when I first did the training ten years ago.

However my memory vaguely remembers the legislation as saying it had to be advised in advance ?

Tony

I assume this is correct now that we can notify via corgi afterwards :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back