Megaflo Pressure relief valve

Thanks for the advice lads, i gave up, managed to get an engineer around. Thats the car fund gone!

DIY, no chance!

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I am glad to hear that its now been fixed and by a qualified person.

But to round off the thread please tell us what he did it that you had not managed and the total cost.

Tony

All Done, he used the part a bought which was £60, labour was £84, happy with that.

He says I was going about it the right way, because usually the cartridges pull out and push in quite easily. But he's never seen one so corroded enough, to be jammed in.

His solution was to take the whole valve off the pipe, open the connector at the opposite end of the cartridge connector, then, hammer it out. Was just a matter of a bit of brute force.

Most of the time was taken up with draining and filling the cylinder.

You all were correct, i really was way out of my depth here, i was daft even thinking I could fix it.

Better still, he was able to tell me all about the system to get the best out of it, which will save me money on electricity.

Thanks for the advice lads, I took it in the end!

Cheers Tony.

Sponsored Links
Glad its finally sorted out for you ,mega flow's are tricky to understand and they are right you need a unvented ticket to work on them , cheers for sharing your experiences

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back