Megaflow Air Bubbles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm familiar with the loss of air bubble problem on Megaflows. Is it ever curable without installing an external PV or is that simply just the way to go for a permanent cure. Client needs convincing, and I don't do or see enough of these things to be authoritative on whats best to cure it of losing its air bubble.

Yes I've got my unvented..for all the good it does me :rolleyes:

Alfredo

Sponsored Links
Yea yea...but I may have found the..or at least an answer to this one. Its a downstairs cylinder and they keep trying to regenerate the air bubble using a hot tap which is no lower than the cylinder and thus the bubble in the cylinder never gets replaced. I'l drain from cyclinder drain cock instead and see what happens....as you shoudl be able to drain right down to PRV level doing that, and regenerate the bubble properly.

Alfredo

Sponsored Links
Possibly find the plastic 'flying saucer' inside the unit has decided to 'tilt' itself , these are fitted to 'slow down' the rate at which the water will absorb the air , when they 'tilt' replenishing of the 'air gap' will need to be done on a regular basis , the hotter the water the more frequent it will be , i've got a megaflow that loses it's 'bubble' once a month :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back