megaflow for what

the cylinder hasnt had a service yet as it was installed a year ago this month, so its due one, does the manufacture do this under their warranty or is it my responsibility, as with the boiler vaillant gives us a call saying its time for a service.

Also with the cylinder apparently the local buliding authorities wernt notified, so what should i do about this? Is it my fault or the installers as they should know about this right im just a customer i havent got a clue about what regulations need to be adhered to.

Sponsored Links
also just to confirm that the pressure of the mains is 3 bar, another thing is that apparently there is a valve on the mains inlet that will allow you to let more or less pressure into the cylinder which controls the pressure of the water and could be the reason why when more then one tap is turned on the pressure of both drops? is it possible for me to change this valve to allow more of the mains pressure in?

emphasis303 wrote

also just to confirm that the pressure of the mains is 3 bar

Measured at what point ?.

is it possible for me to change this valve to allow more of the mains pressure in?

eeer. Don't touch this valve at all. :(

Sponsored Links
Did the installer connect the cold feed to the showers to the downstream side of the pressure reducing valve (i.e. the side nearest to the UHW heater.)? This would allow equally balanced pressures to both the H & C side of the shower controls. This is clearly detailed in the installation instructions.

Also, did the installer fill in the Benchmark logbook that came with the cylinder? This should have been done with his name, address & u/v reg number.

With regard to notifying Building Control your installer should have advised you that this would have to be done as it is a requirement of Building Regulation G3 which governs the installation of unvented hot water cylinders. You will need to contact BC and request an inspection of the installation - for this they will charge you.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES PLAY ABOUT WITH THE PRESSURE REDUCING VALVE SUPPLYING THE U/V CYLINDER UNLESS YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING

As this post evolves I am begining to see why you were only charged £500 for the installation. :rolleyes:

I can see Balenza's point :eek: but of course you should not wind it up higher. Ariston cylinders come with a preset combi valve which must not be tampered with, G3 registered or not.

You have modified your original post (why?), stated the original installer was qualified to the hilt, then let it slip that he was a relative, posted a response to another Megaflo question only a few days ago suggesting you had a proper job done which you were satisfied with for £500. Strange behavior.

The simple issue is that you don't have enough water for what you want to do. Any reputable installer would have told you that at the outset by simple measurement.

There are a number of solutions to this
(1) get the water supply upgraded (2) get an accumulator (3) ask your highly qualified relative for a refund (4) check the combi valve isn't blocked.

I would rate (4) as being the most optimistic but it was Agile's suggestion and he is the cheapest and the best qualified installer on the forum.

Actually I have misread the post. I read it as a separate prv on the mains inlet to the property. :cry:
Of course the UV combi valve should not be tampered with.

i didnt change anything about the qualifications for the installer the only thing i changed in the first post was about how much the pressure drops when using another tap.
I originally said dramticly then i realised this was abit to strong so left it as the pressure drops also he was a friend not relative. u seem to keep picking up on the price i paid and friend of the family, i find this quite irrelavant as my problem could be something simple and who installed it doesnt matter to me as i can easily call them back and i know he is not a conman. I just came here to find out about my problem which i am thankfull for all of the input that has been made regarding this matter.

back to the issue, yes the logbook was filled in with his name address certification number etc, im sure the pressure was tested from the main water inlet but as i said wasnt around when all this took place. I will be calling him back but am just trying to get a few ideas regarding this.

thanks for all the comments, will await any more suggestions and will get back to you once its been checked and hopefully sorted

I have just spoken to someone who also has the same cylinder as me, and they have said that they too when drawing water from two different places suffer a slight loss of pressure, they also said that they were aware of this when they bought the cylinder that it does state somewhere that there will be a drop in pressure when two taps call for water.

So i think its fair to say that my problem that i thought was a problem isnt really a problem but common for this sytem. I will try to get some more info from others who have this system but im not aware of any on my street or in birmingham at all who have this system.

as was mentioned here i was told something about an accumulator?

if anyone has any info about this and how much it should cost would be helpfull.

once again thank you very much for all of your comments, will get on to the building control dept first thing tmrw to have them certify everything as i think someone mentioned on here u can actually be sued when u sell and the new owners find out it wasnt certified.

That would be the Birmingham just down the road from London then? Another little red herring?

not literaly down the round a couple of hours drive, lol are u saying im lying about where i live now? just bcos on my account details its says london? ill change it if it matters so much. Im sure when people are signing up for things they dont carefully input all the correct information, espcially with all the fraud taking place

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back