Megaflow worse after bleeding!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a tiny amount of overflow from my Heatrae Sadia Megaflow Direct for 5 years without problems, it was so small it wasn't worth bothering with. Then my neighbour in the flat below starts complaining about the tiny overflow and some helpful 'handyman' tells me I have to bleed the tank.

So we go through the usual procedure, turn off the cold inlet, turn on the hot taps, drain the tank for 20mins, then put the input back on, then wait for the taps to run again, then let go of the valve. Sorted.

Well, now the overflow is going ten to the dozen and my neighbour is doing his nut and my water bill is through the roof!

So the instruction book tells me that the input pressure must be too high. Is this the problem? Should I try another bleed? Or something else?

One interesting point is that the cold stop valve/lever is VERY stiff, does that indicate high pressure?

HELP!

Sponsored Links
More than likely the pressure relief valve is faulty or not seating correctly.

Just give the pressure relief valve a few twists and see if it will reseat otherwise it will need replacing.

So nothing to do with the cold inward pressure?

Should the knob click into place when it reseats?

Sponsored Links
Ok, I'll have a twist of the pressure relief valve and see what happens.

Any other tips guys?

Unvented cylinders are meant to be serviced by a qualified person every year!

Unvented cylinders are meant to be serviced by a qualified person every year!
But like most everything else in a house, they are never looked at until something goes wrong.
The homeowner then complains loudly that expensive repairs are required, nothing lasts any more and back in the day... !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back