Megger 1721 2 wire test

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a new megger 1721 (always had fluke before). Today I did a 3 wire low current loop test and got 0.30. Then tried 2 wire low test and got a reading of about 2.30. Why’s it so different.?
Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Did you do a two high? Or were you worried about tripping an RCD due to "critical" circuit testing. What circuit was it?

Did you do a two high? Or were you worried about tripping an RCD due to "critical" circuit testing. What circuit was it?
I think one of the potential problems, at least theoretically, is that undertaking a loop impedance test which results in an RCD tripping can (depending upon factors such as how quickly the RCD operates) result in incorrect loop impedance results - so I would think that it is probably generally desirable to avoid an RCD trip, even when the circuit is 'non critical'.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Hi current testing is MUCH more accurate on my 1552. I dislike the three wire no-trip test. It's super slow and the slightest bit of noise on the circuit makes the reading a joke (luckily they're so wrong it's obvious)

That being said, it's always higher on no-trip by anywhere from 0.20Ω to 0.50Ω. Never as much as 2Ω though.

I'd recheck that reading and if it's the same I'd be on the phone to Megger. I'd class that as faulty. Hardly usable is it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back