Memera 2000 dual tariff CU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Board is about 10 years old and needs a new Bus bar which I cannot find anywhere, manufactures have non in backstock.

Last tooth on bus bar was damaged (Loose connection had gradually eaten away at the copper)

The rest of the board is fine

So the options are...
Do without a way - not ideal
Replace bus bar - can't find
Replace board - seems OTT

Now this is the bit I don't like to do, but see it lots and just wonder if I am being over cautious.
clamp in a new section of busbar for the last MCB

Any thoughts

Sponsored Links
I MAY have a spare MEM busbar that would work, depends how many ways you need? You can have it FOC if it's the right size.

Came out of an MEMERA 2000 of about the same vintage

Can't you replace it with almost any other comb busbar? They've all got to have prongs 18mm apart...

Sponsored Links
The AD range had narrow prongs (the dual rate descibed will have the wide prongs). You could fit MCB's with the wider jaws into the boards with the narrow prongs, but not visa versa. This was to prevent you fitting cheapy AD MCB's into the commercial type A and type B boards.

I would just change it for any old busbar personally, although the early memera kit had busbars secured in place.

http://images.google.com/images?q=<comb+busbar>

or...

image001.jpg

Bahco-Mini-Hacksaw-with-Back-Handle_large.jpg

real-time-search.jpg

:?:

Thanks for the replies

Many thanks Iggifer for your kind offer - I will use a bit of spare bar, you may need your bit at some point :D

This bar was not so straight forward so thats why I did not just use a flat piece

It has lugs which it has to attach to - loosen the retaining screws for the bar and it still sits there tight. Its not just a flat piece of toothed bar.

That's what I dislike about modern consumer units - the busbar is held in place by the MCB's etc, and if you don't fit it correctly (too close to the MCB's), you have to remove the busbar completely to remove a single MCB.

The Memera 2000 ones were fixed to supports in the actual CU. Note this is a pic with cartridge fuses, but the same deal.

1369910152.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back