Mending burst pipe

Sponsored Links
Would depend on the internal diameter, but you could cut and join using a barbed pipe fitting connector.
straight barbed connector.
May need to jubilee clip either side, with suitable clips for external use.

Thank PBoD. The fitting into the butt is just a push fit thing, so i figured there'd be a connector. But perhaps a new question altogether, is there a putty/glue/tape/other that can be applied to a hole in a pipe, wet and seal it? ... that's not under main's pressure?

Self amalgamating repair tape would do for a temporary fix. The logical solution would be a new length of pipe - gives a permanent fix without introducing additional joins that might leak in future.

Sponsored Links
Self amalgamating repair tape would do for a temporary fix. The logical solution would be a new length of pipe - gives a permanent fix without introducing additional joins that might leak in future.

Thank you sir (or madam? you can't tell from a name these days !).. but self amalgamating is a new term to me and one which i will explore..or a tenner for a new pipe - agreed !

Thank you sir (or madam? you can't tell from a name these days !).. but self amalgamating is a new term to me and one which i will explore..or a tenner for a new pipe - agreed !

Damn !! this site is good !!

ceres you are a star, thank you... googled it, and it'll do the job thanks !

You're very welcome! I get a lot of help on the forum and there aren't an awful lot of subjects that I can return the favour on except garden-y stuff!

PS: Ceres - Roman goddess of agriculture!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back