menvier TS 700 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, the remote keypad is showing 10-t and the alarm will not arm. I have noticed the strobe is not flashing and if i open the the keypad the external sounder is silent. Is this system obsolete now? or can I upgrade, or repair it.I tried to get a installation manual from Cooper/menvier but the closest i could find was the TS 790, are they basically the same?
Any help much appreciated.

Doddy

Sponsored Links
10t means there is a tamper fault on circuit 10.

you have to find what cct 10 is and fix the fault (may be a loose cover on a detector?)

why did you think the external sounder would activate when you opened the panel?

its "normal" for any panel NOT to do this.

it goes back donkys years.

before the donkys, what ever you did would ring the internal AND external BELLS (no sirens then)
this was soon realised to be a PITA as it annoyed people, but there was nothing to be done about it.

When alarms became more common place, this problem came back with a vengance, so alarm panel makers made it so that when unset the external bell would only ring if the alarm was set or a panic button pressed, since if unset there wss no need to anoy the neigbours only the need to let the house owner know something is wrong by the internal bell activating, and as the alarm was unset it is assumed some one is in the house

oh, and yes the TS700 is obsolete, has been for years, but a very good panel

Thanks for your help breezer, much appreciated.I should have consulted one of the donky's on the front :oops:
Cheers

Doddy

If I remember right (and it's been a few years) circuit 10 is wired from the remote keypad to door contacts or panic buttons in the vicinity. Link out the tamper at the keypad and see what happens.

Sponsored Links
you do remember right.

ccts 9 & 10 are in the first keypad, but suppose there is something connected to cct 10, lets say a detector and the cover has been knocked, all that needs to be done is the cover put back, not dissconect the tamper, hence find out what cct 10 is

Thanks for the tips, I'm not sure if the outside bell has somethig to do with it as it does not work and the strobe is not lit either. I will check through all the contacts and covers just in case.

Regards

Doddy

as i said you must find out what cct 10 is. its not the ext sounder

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back