Metal Conduit Used As Earth

Sponsored Links
Ah I see, it will need to be one of the other methods.

I am fitting a new kitchen as well at the moment and thought I would do these at same time.

When I took the Gyproc from the walls in the kitchen I noticed that the cooker switch had it's earth wrapped around the top of the conduit. I don't think that is right some how.

What I was going to do was get one of those earth washers you get when you get a armoured cable gland kit and put that between the top nut and the socket box hole and re tighten the nut up and then connect the earth for the cooker switch using this method, its got to be better than wrapped around the pipe. I have no clue who done that, it could well have been like that from start, I have lived in this house all my life so it could also have been my old man, although I don't think he would do that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back