Metal plate to protect earth bonding cable

Back to the bonding route -

Is there removable floor covering?

Nope. It's some kind of extremely hard plastic bonded to the concrete floor. It's all being replaced though, next year sometime.

Could a very small channel be made in the concrete?

Potentially, yes, but I'd have to cut through the current flooring. How deep would it have to be? I worry that kitchen units will eventually be attached to the floor above it and the floor may get drilled into.

When all's said and done though, that wall will mostly be covered with units, apart from about three feet near the cellar door, so I'm starting to think I should just put it on the surface in trunking. :-/ Seems a lot easier.

Sponsored Links
I suspect that you would not regard it as aesethetically acceptable, but you could just clip the cable ('exposed') to the top of the skirting, and then paint it - not totally beautiful, but no worse than the BT man would do with a telephone cable!

Kind Regards, John

Ha. See above. I really didn't want to do that, but it's beginning to become quite an attractive option.

Potentially, yes, but I'd have to cut through the current flooring. How deep would it have to be?
No depth.

I worry that kitchen units will eventually be attached to the floor above it and the floor may get drilled into.
Not if it remains indicated or even visible.

When all's said and done though, that wall will mostly be covered with units, apart from about three feet near the cellar door, so I'm starting to think I should just put it on the surface in trunking. :-/ Seems a lot easier.
Well, yes, if nearly all of it will be covered by units there's no need for trunking.

Sponsored Links
I'm on a mission to remove all surface clipped phone cables in my house.
I was once like that, but have largely grown out of it. It's like living with a railway line at the end of one's garden (which I once did, many moons ago) - after a few weeks, you don't even notice that they're there!

Kind Regards, John

Wireless phones, for the most part, will allow removal of BT cables. Have Googled wireless trains but cannot find anything.

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back