Method for working out the size of cable

Sponsored Links
lol, you don't happen to have an aversion to outdoor temporary structures, often found in gardens, do you?

Sponsored Links
The wiring of a shower is a very serious undertaking as you have high voltage, Martin

No, he does do not have high voltage. He has low voltage.

that helped

My message was intended to convey that the voltage was high enough to be a cause of concern if the wiring and erection of equipment was not correct.

I did say "high voltage" intentionally.

To a lay person the term "Low" is a bit misleading as far as safety is concerned, so although you are obviously technically correct, i don't think it helps clarify the issue to person wondering if he should be getting involve in wiring his own shower.

I like to think Safety First.

BTW I
wondered if there is an equivalent to outlaw the outbuilding in the central heating section of this site and there is checkout bengasmanposts.

Hi Martin,

I realise that, i was really referring to Johns comment, not yours, but its not that important anyway.

Maybe you could refer to that level of voltage as 'potentially lethal', that way expressing the dangers involved without being beaten over the head with a clipboard by the Anorak brigade. :cool:

i like to think, safety first and safety second :)

I like to think of safety 1st 2nd and 3rd, just wish I could work out a way of not cutting my hands on some thing twice a week. Never used to happen with my desk job :confused:

:LOL:

I've sliced my left index finger and my right thumbthis week.

You get used to it:cool:

yesterday, i cut my thumb on the back of my office chair whilst moving it, never happens when ive got a knife in my hand ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back