micro genus ignition fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys micro genus weird problem turn on hot water only right hand side of burners ignite then few seconds later red light comes on press to reset then try again then same thing happens but this time all burners ignite get hot water if try again later same thing happens so have to go through same routine also happens on c/h side any clues
Cheers brian

Sponsored Links
Hi guys
called gas fitter out to look at boiler he undone screw on keft of burner cover boiler ignited straight away that was yesterday he said he new what was wrong will get a part he has not come back and his phone is off just wondering why would boiler come on just by letting bit of air in front cover still off burner cover slightly open is this okay or should get someone else has he had me off for £80 quid
cheers brian

I have an idea but we dont give DIY gas advice on this forum.

I dont believe that a gas registered person would even leave the cover partly open. I can only assume that you opened it after he left, I suspect unpaid.

LEAVING THE COVER PART OPEN IS HIGHLY DANGEROUS AND REFLECTS BADLY ON YOUR ATTITUDE TO YOUR TENANTS SAFETY !

As a landlord one would have expected that you will have an engineer who you call for all your boiler repairs and safety certificates.

You seem to be talking as if you dont know this engineer. Perhaps you have built up a reputation for being a non-payer who calls engineers to get a free diagnosis so that you can fix it yourself.

All your many posts about boilers on here indicates that you are trying to fix the boilers yourself.

We have contributors to this forum in Liverpool. Why are you not calling them to do your repairs ???

Tony

Sponsored Links
Tony
can i have the lottery numbers please as you seem to know the future also what people are doing
the gas fitter who certificates my boilers is on holiday
this boiler is in a house that i have just got keys for and he has not even seen it yet the service engineer who came out who i paid and who undone the screw to the burner case has now returned and installed a new fan boiler working fine i am a plasterer and landlord i dont mess with gas or electrics i just check if there is something simple a layman can do before contacting anyone if that is putting people at risk i dont think so if a car breaks down do you call the aa straight away no you have to look at simple things first going through the expense of call outs
Cheers anyway for looking brian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back