Miele Dishwasher Problems - Pressure Switch?

There are two pressostats on this model...but they rarely fail. Not to say it can't happen, it just doesn't happen very often. If the dishwasher has been stored in a garage for a year then yes things can go wrong. Wash motor seals can seize, valves can jam or get frost damage etc.
I suggest you check the fault-log before performing any kind of major surgery.
Close the door & switch off. Turn the program selector to 12 o'clock. Press & hold in the start button. Switch on & release the start button within 1 sec then immediately press it twice. If successful the inlet/drain & the salt LED's flash. If not repeat the sequence. Turn the selector to the 1 o'clock position & press the start button once. If the start LED lights up no fault is registered in the fault-log. If it doesn't light up turn the selector slowly clockwise until the start LED does light up. Post the selector (o'clock) position here.......
To quit & save the fault-log turn the selector back to 12 o'clock before switching off, otherwise the fault-log is deleted.
Did it actually work before you got it???

Hi Zipper I have the same problem, when I go through the procedure you suggest, the start led comes on at the 1 o'clock position, what does this mean?

Sponsored Links
If you followed the procedure correctly it means there is no fault registered (F00).

OK, thanks. So if I have no fault registered but have the problem of the program stopping after initial drain and filling but before the detergent flap opens, then getting the red drain/inlet light flashing, what do I need to do?

Which model do you actually have? It doesn't sound like the same one as seally13 (G641 Plus).

Sponsored Links
The pump should have a noticeable magnetic resistance every quarter turn or so & there should be no up/down slack. If it sticks or runs erratically then it is probably history. However do check for something fouling the impelllor (piece of glass etc) & check the waste hose/sink spigot are clear before finally condemning the pump.

Hi zipper, I've not had chance to test the pressostat and inlet valve just yet because I've been super busy at work and not been at home enough to spend any time on the dishwasher! The two numbers on the inside of the door at the top are - Typ: HG01 & No: 30/65000553. If these aren't what you need to find the wiring diagram then let me know. I'm going to get the multimeter out this week if all goes to plan and test the various parts of machine. Thanks for all your help so far, I'll let you know what I find...

Hi,

Previous posts have guided me in finally identifying the problem with inlet/drain red light. So it seems fair to give some insight based on my experience!
My dishwasher is Miele G646 SC plus

In my case, the cycle would get as far as:
* Drain the water
* Fill up
Then after a number of minutes, it would fail with the inlet/drain light.

While the above would occasionally happen, this week it finally was occurring every time.

I took the bottom plate off which is a sort of sump to collect water if water was to leak.
The first problem I found (and mentioned in other posts) was the floater which is used to detect water in the sump. The floater acts on a micro switch. The switch was totally burned out! For testing purpose, I bypassed it (wired together the two NC - Normally Connected - white
wires and left the NO - Normally Open wire- open circuit). I was pretty hopeful I had found the problem but alas the inlet/drain issue still occurred.

I eventually found the root cause but this floater micro switch must have somehow been in NC state even though it was burnt out.

After a few hours working through the various relays/switches and trying to figure out their purpose, I noticed that there was power going to the motor but it wasn't turning. The power was actually coming on for 10's of seconds and then turning off for 10's of seconds. There was a discernible hum coming from the motor; Had to listen out carefully for it.
At first I thought maybe it was the capacitor but from other posts, it seemed that it was unlikely to be.
So I proceeded by powering the motor directly and found it didn't turn. So I took it out, cleaned it (although not a lot to clean) , verified it could start and it did. This was looking good.

Put it all back together, did a couple of test runs and it is now running fine.

I hope the above might help others. Very satisfying to give this good worker machine some more life ;)

Zipper , hi you sound like your in the know ! we've a g640 . Ive tried everything , for me , i have no multi meter , pehaps that the next level i need to make , fault code F08 , 9 oclock position . According to my service manual thats water/oultet or heater level switch , i think is also called heater pressure switch .

Is it that though! ? please im stuck . the machine drains and fills fine therefore it cant be an inlet/outlet thing .a few weeks earlier we had a leak which engaged the float and drain etc ...removed the sump , drained all the water , everything looked great underneath , removed a load of debris and limescale from the the hoses and everything worked great assumed the lea was due to the internal water level going to high and the leaking through the door corner seals as the pipes were blocked .

That seemed to follow as we had seamless dishwashing for a few weeks . Then this . The dreaded inlet/outlet light and none of our usual methods have worked . Ie checked all is draining fine , pump drains fine at the beginning of the cycle , water comes in fine , then a couple of minuits or so after the soap dispenser pops it stops and flashes .

ALL YOUR HELP REALLY GRATEFULLY RECIEVED . THANK YOU

This really helped Thank you , on a Miele g640 removed pressure/level switch from the base , and cleaned out , was caked full of chalky stuff , blew in the end to check it was switching , which you can hear , a click ..then set the screw spring at that back to click it back after the pressure , im not sure how much spring load is correct but i set it for a few seconds to reset , it looks like a phillips palstic screw holding the unit together . Thanks everyone here for there help .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back