Miele W830 fills then drains straight away and then finish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Miele W830 fills then drains straight away and then finish light on. If i manually fill with a bucket, cycles starts OK. Washing sometimes smells, does not seem to rinse correctly

Sponsored Links
I have exactly the same symptoms on the same model. I haven't tried filling it with a bucket of water yet.

Did you manage to fix the problem?

The machine fills for a few minutes then switches to 'finish' and drains. I've noticed that the water is not visible in the drum before the water starts to drain but the bottom of the clothes are wet.

Your bucket of water workaround may hold a clue. I wonder if there is a 'timeout' that checks to see if the water level sensor setting has been reached within a certain amount of time? If not, it cancels the cycle and drains. Your bucket of water helps it to reach the correct water level before timing out which is why it continues with the cycle.

If this theory is true it would suggest the machine is filling too slowly. I know it's not due to lack of water pressure at the inlet so it could be restricted flow due to a blockage somewhere in the machine.

Yeah, fixed it today. It was the water inlet solenoid valve. Has 3 solenoids on it and had to replace the entire assy, (part number 01678013) $146, not bad considering that Miele's callout fee is $150 + parts + labour. The key for me to isolate it to this part was the fact that if I manually filled the bowl with 75% of the water required, it worked fine. Once washing, the rinse cycle would then fail mid wash because of the same issue, again add more water manually and away it went. The solenoid was obviously not letting enough water in within the time period required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back