miele w842 premier nova

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
This is my first post and I'm hoping first time lucky!
My machine started to make a lot of noise on spin and sounded like the drum was hitting the sides or the end of travel in the suspension legs.
So I got a replacement set of legs (from Germany saying they were made by the original supplier to Miele) fitted them and when empty spins lovely but as soon as its loaded although the drunk now moves around Very little the whole machine vibrates badly so I have to limit it to 900rpm where it seems OK?
Any ideas on how to sort?
Regards

Sponsored Links
It could sound more like damaged bearings/spider rather than bad shock absorbers. How old is your machine & how much time, effort & cost do you want to spend on it? To start with open the door & check if there is any up/down slack on the drum, then spin it by hand & listen for grinding/rumbling sounds.

Hi, the bearings seem fine, no movement/noise and the spider seemed fine.
This vibration has only started after new shocks went in as before if it got up to spin at 1200 it was fine (only badly balanced loads were a problem with BIG movements but little vibration). Now little movement but a big whole machine vibration. Ps check flat and level on concrete!
Regards

How old is the machine? Does it drain properly?
Back to "badly balanced loads" what are you trying to wash...rugs, bedding, other single/heavy items?

Sponsored Links
Hi,
It's about 10/11yrs old and i was washing towles (about 8lbs ish) the same as normal.
previousally the machine had very little vibration once it got past the excesive movement on spin start, it would do a few out of balance circuits and then get going. Now it goes straight into spin so the excesive movement is cured but once it gets to 1200rpm it almost looks like i need to leval it but i have checked it again and thats fine, also it was fine once it got past the out of balance bit.
I was thinking that maybe non Miele shocks with a sligthly different value 125n rather than 115n might not allow enough movement so it all gets to the cabinet and so vibrates.
PS The shocks were sold as being the correct one's!

Difficult to say about the shockers, but there are a lot of poor quality pattern parts out there. I must say I have used Miele pattern shockers myself several times & not had any problems so far. But we buy them from a trade source. If your machine isn't draining well that could have an impact. Does the machine stand on a wooden or concrete floor? Check the lint filter for rubbish, re-level the machine & see what happens.

Lint filter clear. machine is on concrete and have rechecked level.
Have run two light loads and they were fine but then washed a skirt & scarf, about 2/3lbs and got lots of vibration

To be honest washing single items (especially heavier things) is just as bad as overloading the machine. There just isn't enough clothing in the drum to allow it to distribute itself evenly around the drum when spinning. It tends to lump at one side & cause a pendulum effect (unbalance) which only gets worse as speed increases. Try to even out the washing in normal loads & see how it goes.

Hi,
I know about the loading, I used to sell them W's, and the machine was OK apart from the big moment on spin start and if it get over that it was fine so although loads NOW affect it, it was OK with all our weird and wonderfull loads before the new shocks.
This vibration is a new thing that only started AFTER fitting the shocks (suspa) so that now its only OK up to 900 then o boy does it vibrate
Weird problem I think?

What are W's?...
I have given you a list of possible causes, about the only only other thing that comes to mind is weakened suspension springs (very rare). You have to decide yourself how you want to proceed. If you are convinced pattern shock absorbers are at the root of your problem then buy originals from Miele.

Hi Thanks for the info. The W's Should have been WM's as in washing machines I will have to decied what route to go now, it's just a puzzle as to why I got rid of one problem and got another in it's place.
Thanks again

Hi all,
just an update on the vibrating washer.
Checked everything again all tight all level everything seems ok........... but still vibrates.
i took out the new shocks, looked at them????????????? put them back in check everything tested washes on it;s high spin and it's fine?! :D :D :D
Work that one out. Must of been the stern look I gave it. Any way all fixed just a bad back now :(
Bye

Hi,
I am still getting problems with this Miele W842 vibrating on spin.
As said before I have checked it's level, all feet locked, Have now installed new Miele shocks, re checked every bolt i can see, checked foe bearing movement/noise and still it vibrates. any thoughts on if the drum springs might be the answer?

Very rare that suspension springs cause problems, especially on Miele machines. If you have done everything mentioned earlier then there is only one other issue (that I can think of) which may cause the problem you are experiencing. The clamp band on the tub on some older models may (under certain conditions) could cause noise/vibration with an unbalanced load in the drum. Miele made design changes when this first came to light but as a work-around (& before the design changes were introduced) they issued a directive to tighten the clamp band on the tub. As a last resort you could try tightening it 1/2 a turn or so & see if that helps. Another possibility is that the machine is suffering from resonance issues. Just about the only way to rule out resonance is to increase the mass of the machine by simply putting a heavy weight on the lid (sandbag or something similar). If all else fails I would speak to Miele, they are normally very helpful regarding oddball problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back