Mila uPvc MultiPoint Lock Sticking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi thanks for your help with this. I have a uPvc door with a Mila Multipoint lock. It opens and closes OK. But it is very difficult to dead bolt the door. It takes a lot (and I mean a lot) to raise the handle/lever - eventually it locks with a loud crack. I think the top bolt is the one that is sticking. Can I repair this, or is it not too difficult to replace the assembly?

Sponsored Links
If you can lift the handle ok when the door is open, then the door has dropped on its hinges and the bolt is catching the frame strike (the opening it secures into). Three remedies: 1. If the hinges are adjustable, raise the door until the mechanism and strike are alligned, 2. Adjust the position of the frame strikes to correspond to the mechanism, 3. Toe and heel the door (http://www.double-glazing-web.co.uk/trouble-locking-door-dropped.htm)

Thanks for the suggestion - I did think of that, the problem happens when the door is open. Any further help appreciated - thanks H

Sponsored Links
if i remember rightly the remote bolts top and bottom dont come to bits,you could remove the whole mech and try flushing the cases out with wd40 or similar and see if that helps.
if in doubt replace it,the mila are at the cheaper end of the upvc locks and would work out cheaper than calling someone out when it fails(and it will sooner rather than later)and you get locked out,or in?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back