milk (infant) coupons

gcol said:
joe-90 said:
The odds are that she has been buying milk for cash at the supermarket (who'd want to exchange coupons in a crowd like that). I'm sure the family have been using milk so what's the problem? Politicians are fiddling expenses to the tune of tens of thousands of pounds and you are bothering about a bit of chocolate for the kids at Easter? Get a grip.
joe
It's the principle Joe. She's stealing from the taxpayer. :rolleyes:

heeelllooo gcol

hows it stealing mate she is entitled to one pint a day that what the coupons are supposed to be used forbut its hardly stealing
if they have a baby they will definatly be using there allocation of milk

they are actualy entitled to use them for milk at whatever the milkman charges say45p a pint
so we thetax payers are getting a bargain if they are only getting 28p a pint or so :D :D :D ;)

Sponsored Links
hermes said:
I wasn't aware of milk tokens until now, and what I think crafty did was right. I'm sure that these tokens must help children in low-income families to get milk that maybe they otherwise wouldn't get, and that seems like a good idea to me. To try to swap them for chocolate (of all things) makes a mockery of the system.

Are you suggesting that the family live without milk? They BUY the milk at the supermarket and exchange the vouchers in lieu. What's the problem?
Didn't you say your wife was a GP (so earning £145K?) yet you begrudge a low-income kid a bit of chocolate?

joe

She's trying to gain goods illegally - that's stealing in my book. They're meant for milk and milk alone. She'll have enough milk already but is trying to get some worth out of the tokens before they expire. My sister is a lay-a-bout single mum and she gets milk tokens - she gets that many that she hands them out to the family (obviously I don't accept them ;) ).

Joe, in answer to your question.....you betcha. But there's nothing wrong with making the most out of what you're allowed. What the lady in question was doing was trying to get the shop to help her con the government out of some money.
I wonder what would have happened if that lady was an under cover copper laying a sting operation for the shop - smacked wristies methinks.

joe-90 said:
hermes said:
I wasn't aware of milk tokens until now, and what I think crafty did was right. I'm sure that these tokens must help children in low-income families to get milk that maybe they otherwise wouldn't get, and that seems like a good idea to me. To try to swap them for chocolate (of all things) makes a mockery of the system.

Are you suggesting that the family live without milk? They BUY the milk at the supermarket and exchange the vouchers in lieu. What's the problem?
Didn't you say your wife was a GP (so earning £145K?) yet you begrudge a low-income kid a bit of chocolate?

joe

The problem is Joe, where do you draw the line? What if that woman had wanted to exchange the tokens for a small bottle of scotch? Is that ok too? What if it was for some lighter fluid? You see where I'm going with this?

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
hermes said:

joe

I do not begrudge the kids chocolate. I do not blame the woman for trying to use the vouchers in this way but if they are issued for milk then they should be used for milk. If every shopkeeper would exchange the vouchers for anything in the shop then I'm sure that some kids would miss out on milk as the vouchers would become currency rather than an aid to children's nutrition.

My wife is not a GP.

gcol said:
joe-90 said:
hermes said:

joe

The problem is Joe, where do you draw the line? What if that woman had wanted to exchange the tokens for a small bottle of scotch? Is that ok too? What if it was for some lighter fluid? You see where I'm going with this?

But it really makes no difference. She is currently buying milk at the supermarket (we all use milk) so she is simply reimbursing the money she laid out in the first instance. She could have used the vouchers at the supermarket and used her cash to buy lighter fluid. It makes no odds really.

joe

If you get milk vouchers, you'll get vouchers for far more milk than you'll use. So your arguement is unfounded Joe. She'll still get the milk with the vouchers and she'll try and get other goods with what's left.

gcol said:
If you get milk vouchers, you'll get vouchers for far more milk than you'll use. So your arguement is unfounded Joe. She'll still get the milk with the vouchers and she'll try and get other goods with what's left.

So you begrudge her getting her kids a couple of easter eggs?

joe

gcol said:
Yep I do. The way she went about it - damn straight. Like I said, where do you draw the line?

What about corrupt politicians claiming £70K in expenses that they didn't deserve? Or dodgy deals with Italian prime Ministers?
Rip off what you can when you can - everyone else does.

joe

Not everyone.

Some of us make an effort to be honest.

JohnD said:
Not everyone.

Some of us make an effort to be honest.

Why? We allow all and sundry into this country and let them help themselves to our housing, health and everything else. Who wants to contibute to that nonsense?

joe

If you don't make an effort to be honest, I guess you're just a natural crook, Joe.

And what else is he?

joe-90 said:
We allow all and sundry into this country and let them help themselves to our housing, health and everything else.
Yes, that's right boys and girls, he is, isn't he......

JohnD said:
If you don't make an effort to be honest, I guess you're just a natural crook, Joe.

I'm a natural survivor. Are you a civil servant?

joe

Sponsored Links
Back