mind of its own

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son has a worcester 4.5 highflow on the heating side it has recently starting to come by itself on more than a few occasions even though the separate control panel is turned to off and the switch on the boiler itself is switched to hot water only my son has come down in the morning several days running to find the radiators warm but not hot.My completely uneducated guess was that the circuit for turning the boiler on automatically when there is a hard frost to prevent pipes freezing may have gone kaput any ideas

Sponsored Links
These boilers are fitted with a 3 port honeywell diverter valve,I suppose its possible that if the valve isn't closing correctly water will circulate away from the heat store and start warming the rads,

just a guess :)

Thanks for your thoughts on that compheat and that may tie up with what happened as he put the radiators on for the first time last week after a big summer break on a particular cold morning which had been off all summer and the fault just started from that time.I have advised him to start uip his radiators tonight leave long enough to get up to temperature and then start drawing hot water at short intervals to get the divertor valve working to see if that may cure the fault I will post a result.

Sponsored Links
just a follow up for compheat your diagnosis was correct. A heating engineer was called in he confirmed the fault with the manufacturers technical dept. valve fitted fault rectified.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back