minimiser se 60 - failure to light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my boiler, its a ideal minimiser se 60, as soon as the burner light, lights up it switches its self off again and then repeats this process approx 5 times before stopping. It was absolutely fine yesterday ! Does anyone have any idea's as to what it could be ? whether or not its a common fault with these particular boilers etc etc, TIA

Sponsored Links
It's a heat exchanger full of carp. Needs a reall good service to get all the muck scraped out of and off the hx fins and the burner pressure checked.

Thank you, i'll try and get hold of someone tomorrow, to give it a good servicing !!

Sponsored Links
if its that bad the heatex is probably scrap, it could also be the gas valve.

if its still a problem after you strip it all down switch it on and wait for it to light. at the bottom right of the combustion chamber there is a red pipe that connects the fan sensing arrangement to the outside ambient pressure, its a little silver nipple that pokes out of the case near the gas valve, put a tube on that and suck or blow (i forget which) when the boiler lights, try to keep an even pressure on it and see if the boiler stays alight now. if it does its usually the diaphragm inside the gas valve is faulty or is blocked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back