minor works cert?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a question about minor works certs. if you put an aditional socket onto the ring main, what information are you required to put on the cert?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Sorry my reply has been so long, have been away.
Another question about minor works cert... I am a newbie to this world so i am trying to do everything right, Now, What proceedure would you use to do the tests for issuing a minor works cert in this case.

Been asked to fit a projector in a school. Need to run a power supply up to the ceiling (in surface mount trunking) and fit a socket in the roof space.
the supply will be isolated with a 5a FCU.

Do I need to test the whole circuit that i am spurring off or just the new addition?
I need to do continuity for R1 (phase) and R2 (cpc) New circuit
Insulation test for P-N P-CPC CPC-N from distribution board for whole of circuit
Earth fault loop (Zs) tested at all sockets on the circuit
Polarity

Is my thought process the right way or is there a better way,would appreciate all thoughts on this subject.

I'd have thought that a school is 'seen' as commercial premises rather than a MWC via DISQ :cry:

I'm sure it does ayen, does the OP have commercial status?

commerical status?
It depends on what the client needs if NIC or ECA due to policy or insurance then that restricts the poster if not a member of one of them.

For MWC, I simply do IR, Loop at the destination & check polarity (on my meter this is carried out automatically with the loop test). Also an RCD auto test if the circuit is RCD-protected.

To my mind, an R1 R2 test is pointless - you have proved the circuit by doing a loop test.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back