mira max sport

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a mira max sport shower system, all of a sudden all the lights went of and the water flow stopped. The pully switch does not want to pull neither please can anyone advise me what to do.

Sponsored Links
Do you have any test equipment, to test for voltage and continuity.
It could be a faulty isolator (pull switch) does the pull switch have an on/off indicator, if so what is it indicating?
You said all of a sudden, so I assume the shower unit was in operation at the time, have you checked to the device at the consumer unit that is protecting the circuit (MCB/RCBO/RCD etc..)

It sounds like the pull switch has failed.
A common reason fir this is becausethe connections were not tightened up enough inside the switch. Over time the connection heats up and will cause the switch to fail. Also the wiring may have melted.

Turn the power off and carefully remove the switch and have a look at the wiring. If its melted and burnt you'll need a new switch of the correct rating.

Also any discoloured wires must to be stripped back to bright copper before reconnecting them.

hey there thanks for the reply yes it has a pully switch and this light has gone out as well...we were using the shower when it all happened. Sorry I am not at al familiar with anything I just dont know if i should call a plumber a electrician or what to do next.

Sponsored Links
A common reason fir this is becausethe connections were not tightened up enough inside the switch. Over time the connection heats up and will cause the switch to fail. Also the wiring may have melted.

Turn the power off and carefully remove the switch and have a look at the wiring. If its melted and burnt you'll need a new switch of the correct rating.

Also any discoloured wires must to be stripped back to bright copper before reconnecting them.

Yes, he did.

Yes, you did.

:?:

Me?

Or the person who quoted you without adding anything, and then immediately, and again without adding anything, quoted himself quoting you without adding anything?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back