Mira Sport problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am posting this here and in the plumbing forum, as it is going to be a problem related to one of these areas.

I have a Mira Sport...I think it is a 2006 model. It was already installed when I bought the house, so I might be wrong. Looking at the sticker, it might be a 1995 model?

On the sticker at the top of the shower it says this: Sport 9.0 J95B 39/06

Anyway, yesterday it stopped working. It has a string pull, ceiling power on/off switch.

When the power is on, the shower light only comes on when the power button on the shower is in the off position. When it is pressed in, the light goes out. Whether the light is on or not, the shower doesn`t work....no water spray at all.

I replaced the shower with a brand new one, but nothing had changed. I took the shower off the wall, and attached some copper pipe to the supply to check for water flow, and it was fine.

I read the fault finding section in the new showers booklet, and it suggested the electrics could be the fault....a break etc.

I cut 2 feet off of the supply cable, and replaced the load cable entirely. Still no joy.

So what do I do next? If I replace the supply cable entirely and it still doesn`t work, what then?

HELP!

Thanks.

David MacDonald

Sponsored Links
So theres no burnt wires in the shower switch? Just ruling this out.

No burnt wires now. 2 years ago, I ripped out and replaced the whole bathroom. When I put the shower back in, the wiring got cut by the metal box, so when I switched the power on, there was a bang.

I cut the wire back about two feet, and protected the wiring through the metal box. The shower has worked perfectly well since then, until now.

Though sometimes it has been going to low flow, which stops if I put it from hot to cold and back again to hot.

Mira have some "creative" wiring in them. On mine (Escape), pressing the power button simply causes the solenoid to open the valve. This then opens the low pressure valve, mechanically actuating the two heater switches, which can then be selected by the manual power selector.

So no matter what setting the power selector is on, the power button will always cause water to flow. Your problem is odd. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs here, but I don't know what you've tried so far. So, what readings do you get with a voltmeter between L and N at the shower? Also see what happens to the voltage when you press the power button. If it drops right down, you can bet you have a loose connection somewhere. If it's a constant 230v or so, then the shower unit is faulty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back