mira zest power problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, my shower is not working at the mo. i think the shower ceiling mounted pull down switch is on the blink, as the pulling action seems to have got stiffer over the past few weeks until is stopped in the ON position. When i switch the power to medium or high and water comes out in in short bursts but it is unheated no matter the position of the heat control.

i assume i need a new switch, however the indicator light on the pull down switch is light, please advise

cheers for the help
Damo

Sponsored Links
It may well be that your switch does indeed need changing, but you are best advised to have an electrician do the work as it could be more involved and would come under Part P of the building regs. (size of cable etc)

Your shower needs checking out as well if only to confirm that it is getting a supply.

Sponsored Links
hi, i opened it up and the neutral and live where fused together and it looked like a problem to someone else was having earlier in the forum. i am going to cut down the wire past the fusing, rewire and also replace the pull cord face. would i need to get a spark to do this, seems simple enough

cheers
Damien

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back