Missing Girl In Portugal

masona said:
No I understand what you're saying, maybe I'm old fashion, just my opinion, I just feel children shouldn't be naked even my wife agree with me. I live very near on the seafront and I have seen too many perverts out there spying on children and maybe this is how I feel because of this. I regulary drive along the seafront and see it quite often and maybe if children are not naked hoping these perverts would s** off!

how do you know they are 'perverts'?...if you 'know', why havn't you told the parents/authorities?..

blaming natural kids behaviour for the presence of (suspected) perverts is twisting things the wrong way around..!

Sponsored Links
If I were masona I'd be starting to feel a bit ganged up on.

As far as I can see he just has a mild hangup about child nudity on the beach. We all have our own hangups, and this seems to be a fairly harmless one to me.

And I don't see the need to get uppity about the vague accusation of people being perverts. They exist, and I have no doubt that they hover around nudist beaches, so how 'bout leaving masona alone and leaving the topic as what it was intended to be?

Softus said:
And I don't see the need to get uppity about the vague accusation of people being perverts. They exist, and I have no doubt that they hover around nudist beaches, so how 'bout leaving masona alone and leaving the topic as what it was intended to be?

Well softus... most here know that if anyone came up with an 'assumption' like this when discussing a point with you, then you'd be analysing each consonant and 'remarking' on it.. ;)

Topics often take their own 'turns' (as well you know), but IMO this is still relevant!...

Just because (on balance) more people disagree with someone's opinion than agree doesn't neccesarily amount to 'ganging up on'..

ellal said:
Well softus... most here know that if anyone came up with an 'assumption' like this when discussing a point with you, then you'd be analysing each consonant and 'remarking' on it.
I made no assumption, save that you would be capable of responding to a point without immediately becoming personal, and dragging in irrelevant information from other topics. I made an invalid assumption.

So, if I understand you correctly, you're justifying your behaviour on the basis that you believe someone else's (i.e. mine) to be as bad, or worse.

Since that appears to be the moral code by which you make your decisions, then I have nothing but pity for your lack of substance.

Just because (on balance) more people disagree with someone's opinion than agree doesn't neccesarily amount to 'ganging up on'.
And add to that a lack of empathy with the person who might be feeling ganged up on.

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
ellal said:
Well softus... most here know that if anyone came up with an 'assumption' like this when discussing a point with you, then you'd be analysing each consonant and 'remarking' on it.
I made no assumption, save that you would be capable of responding to a point without immediately becoming personal, and dragging in irrelevant information from other posts. I made an invalid assumption.

So, if I understand you correctly, you're justifying your behaviour on the basis that you believe someone else's (i.e. mine) to be as bad, or worse.

Since that appears to be the moral code by which you make your decisions, then I have nothing but pity for your lack of substance.

since the 'assumption' YOU have made is wrong (my comment was regarding the 'assumption' of masona's regarding perverts on the beach.. ), then I'll treat the rest of your post with the respect it deserves... ;)

Whatever. It really isn't important.

The important thing is the lost little girl.

I don't think masona is being ganged up on at all. It's just a difference of opinion. Personally I don't think anyone, of any age, should be naked in public at any time. People are bound to disagree with that statement and I understand that. Just because the majority tend to think one way doesn't make it any more right than to have an opinion in the minority. It's all about what's important to you. As Brian said "You're all individuals". ;)

Softus said:
Whatever. It really isn't important.

The important thing is the lost little girl.
well it was important enough for you to make that comment about 'ganging up on' before you 'lost focus' ... ;)

but of course you're right about the lost girl...

as has been said before, something doesn't quite add up....the latest reports about several people in a UK reg car either means the portuguese cops are grasping at straws, or something different from a simple 'perv' abduction is suspected..

ellal said:
well it was important enough for you to make that comment about 'ganging up on'
It was important at the time, because it was a request to leave masona alone and get back on topic, not an invitation to pointlessly debate the accuracy of any assumption I did or did not make, viz:

I clearly said:
...how 'bout leaving masona alone and leaving the topic as what it was intended to be?

but of course you're right about the lost girl...

as has been said before, something doesn't quite add up....the latest reports about several people in a UK reg car either means the portuguese cops are grasping at straws, or something different from a simple 'perv' abduction is suspected..
What do you think ellal - is it a practical postulate that the parents are complicit?

masona said:
No I understand what you're saying, maybe I'm old fashion, just my opinion, I just feel children shouldn't be naked even my wife agree with me. I live very near on the seafront and I have seen too many perverts out there spying on children and maybe this is how I feel because of this. I regulary drive along the seafront and see it quite often and maybe if children are not naked hoping these perverts would s** off!

I am pleased that my post did not cause you offense as that was certainly not the intent, this is a very emotive subject and we all need to be very aware of how we word things that can easily be misread by others and cause distress or offense.

Regarding your observation about "perverts" spying on children, could they be merely concerned relatives or even parents keeping an eye on their children from a distance where the children can play unhindered, but the "minder" has a safe eye on them. I have done this with my children when they were about 7 years old on, that way they did not feel cramped by Dad..which was an oft used accusation by them when I was around.

I understand our life experiences and personalities are wholly different, I have no idea what experiences you have had in your life, and please do not think I am prying either, although I do hope that none of them revolve around this subject matter, but we should all try to ensure, wherever possible, that our experiences in life do not have a negative effect on those around us and especially those we hold so dear.

It is easy to do almost as much harm with the best of intentions as it is to do it with deliberate intent. I accept this is a hard call, and certainly not one anyone is qualified to make except for you the parent, but we should always try to second guess our decisions that involve our children to ensure they are the right ones and they have been made with the childrens best interests at heart and not prejudiced by our experiences, although they should have influence on our decision making process.

UPDATE FROM THE PORTUGUESE POLICE

They are now looking for a White Couple with a white male companion in a British Registered Car that were seen in the Hotel Complex grounds around the time of the "abduction" with a small fair haired child that may have been a female..

B lo ody hell, you can see why they are Coppers..Have they not realised they have tourists there, What is suspicious about a couple with a child in a tourist location?

I have heard of grasping at straws, but this is more like hanging onto the wrapper the straw came in!!

I think this shows the Police do not have a clue, literally, and they are truly grasping any potential lead to distract attention from their incompetent handling of this whole affair.

I have all the sympathy in the world for the little Girl and sincerely hope she has not suffered, except obviously the trauma of the ordeal, and I further hope that I am wrong about the parents, but things are not looking good at this juncture.

Softus said:
What do you think ellal - is it a practical postulate that the parents are complicit?
You mean (in english) do I think 'they did it'?...(just checking.. ;) )

I don't know - but there have been instances where disappearances/murders have taken place, and the person responsible has been 'close to home'...and usually it has been a case where the crime was 'baffling'!

Only time will tell...

Whatever the case, what is really unfortunate is that most people (myself included) can make assumptions (sometimes inaccurate) based on what we see and hear in the media!

It's odd then to come to the conclusion that (given the crime has already taken place) some hope that it wasn't anything other than 'face value', because somehow a family member being involved would make it worse...

:rolleyes: Oh dear, you boys have been busy in Mama's absence......

Indulge me by allowing me to stray off the precise topic in order to reply to the posts I have only just now seen. I am as anxious as the next for the well-being of the little girl and check for updates almost obsessively.

Softus quite rightly came to Masona's defence (Masona being another chap, like....) Am I cynical ? - no..... (Where are you, Bett ?)

Anyway to cut to the chase -
Masona remarked with sensitivity and discretion that it was not 'healthy' for small kids to be naked on the beach. I think that comment has bypassed some. I have noticed that nearly all (if not all) of you have male children and obviously (and I am not speaking anatomically here :LOL:) are male yourselves. I don't want to shock anyone of a sensitive nature who may view this post by being indelicate, but have you ever heard what can happen to a little boy if a few grains of sand get trapped in his f******* ? My point being that in the rush to prove that we are not 'inhibited' some commonsense things go out the window.

Of course Masona is right - you can just 'sense' the wrong 'uns. Paedos, rapists, psychopaths et al do not have their proclivities tattooed on their
foreheads and you can't complain about people without proof. My husband, who is extremely observant - just as well as I am singularly lacking in that department - has on numerous occasions drawn my attention to someone and said 'He/she is a funny-bunny'. I have been surprised as they looked normal to me at the time, but almost without exception they have turned up in the local paper sooner or later having done something weird or slowly but surely got madder looking by the week (like they have been turned out of some institution and are not taking their tablets).

It is true that people have got paranoid - but it is due to the world we now inhabit and I believe there ARE more active paedophiles because of the internet and the ease with which they can hook up with others of a like mind and are 'bolder' because they are now part of a brotherhood. Fifty years ago, or whatever, they generally acted in isolation.

So I have to agree with Softus on this occasion (I won't always.....) and
say that Masona was given a bit of unwarranted stick. He only put into words what a lot of normal, pragmatic parents feel.

Sorry if this post has jumped all over the place. There were a lot of posts since I last logged on and I would have printed them out but my printer roller is acting up at the moment.

One last point regarding the missing child. If the bizarre theory going around is true (and I agree that things are rarely what they seem) then
wouldn't it have been much, much safer for two medics, with appropriate
connivance from sympathisers, to arrange a heart-attack or something ?
Why would they do it on the world stage ?

Cheers, boys. Off to remove my whalebone corset and support stockings. ;)

Annabel

Sponsored Links
Back