mixed bag

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not current, but the ones I can think of -
* Had all the floorboards up in the gutted bathroom sorting out the dry rot, hopping around on the joists I slipped and went through the floor / kitchen Ceiling..
* Hanging half the doors in my house upside down (luckily visitors spotted before the handles / locks went on!)
* Sticking heavy porclain tiles up on my unsealed plastered bathroom walls and getting a call from a very vexed wife when one fell on her, and another breaking the toilet cistern, a few days later
* Spent a couple of weeks putting replacing the whole central heating pipework for the house, my crowning glory switching it on @ Sunday 9pm I failed to solder "the most" akward joint in a section of pipework not accessible when soldered, re-pressurising the system and all of a sudden bang! water everywhere - Up until the early hours fixing (and working in the morning!)
* Super gluing the Vauxhall badge back onto the car I stuck two fingers together, ran back inside and in my haste tripped on the kerb and fell fracturing my ribs

##We learn from failure, not from success!”

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back