mixer tap pillars loose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys - i ve got this tap in my kitchen , ive noticed there is a lot of play in the hot and cold pillars of the tap, its not leaking, i was wondering how do i tighten the pillars, cant see any screws, i thought perhaps there might be a hidden screw somehwre?..any ideas..ta

Attachments

• mixer tap.jpg
    mixer tap.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 201
Sponsored Links
If you are talking about the valve handles, sometimes they twist in, sometimes they have a little hole on underside where a grub screw is can be accessed, this sometimes capped. And sometime they are welded on, and little can be done then.

yes sorry thats what i meant to say "valve handles"...they seem to have some play in them . only a year old, this tap is suppossed to have a ten year warranty..ill have a closer look when im at home...

hi guys - i cant seem to tighten the valvehandles on this kitchen mixer tap that i bought from ibath uk see video i have posted on here
https://youtu.be/6_TBvIjx9YY
there doesnt seem to be any screws that i can tighten?..i hope i don not have to remove the entire tap from the kitchen sink..

Sponsored Links
Can you find a link to the tap that you bought?
Do the upright handles themselves unscrew, giving access to a screw below? I would say they'd need to come off so the tap can be .
I'd give them a call and ask them if you still can't get access.

the levers dont unscrew, there doesnt seem tobe any make or name on the taps..heres the http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PARIS-DES...811?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item563ecdbbd3
i bought the tap from ibathuk, less then a year ago ..it has 10 years warranty , ive emailed them and phoned them they dont seem to undestand what im talking about. i have even sent them a video of the problem but for some strange reason all there agents seem to keep sending the same reply "tighten the tap , wash out the ceramic carttridges as they may be dirt stuck in there", i ahve told them i cant see how i can remove tap levers and tighten them"....

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
That sort of reply is standard "We don't know" customer support speak. Keep on saying the same thing that they know is right without answering your actual question until you go away.
I'll take a small bet that if the levers do screw in they'll be tight. Otherwise you are absolutely sure there isn't a screw at the back or something?
One other thought. Do a Google image search on the picture of the tap. There appear to be a couple of non-eBay companies who sell that model. You could try asking them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back