Mixer Tap problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently installed an Ikea 'Bagvic' mixer tap in my kitchen. The tap looks nice and was 'economical' to purchase but the provblem is that the flow from it is very uneven and splashy - if you get my drift! The mixed water belts out of the tap quite unevenly and when it hits the sink bowl it ends up going all over the place. Is there any way that the tap can be made to behave any nicer than it is currently with say a foaming or aireated flow instead of the torrent?

I hope the answer doesnt start with "replace the tap with a Franke one you tight git"

TIA

Gerry

Sponsored Links
No it starts with "you tight git replace the tap with a Franke one" :)

What about throttling the flow down on the isolating valves, if this improves you can fit proper flow reducers.

I have just tried this and it has stopped the mahority of the 'splashing' !! Where can i get these magic flow reducers from and do they do a different job than turning down the check valves?

Cheers

Gerry

There are versions of ball valves that allow you to slip in varying sizes of low restrictor whilst the valve is off. Should find them with a bit of Googling.

The flow restictors will be quieter than just turning a ball valve down.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. Can you tell me if there will be any 'issues' with keeping the ball valves that I currently have turned down a bit? Apart from a little extra noise that is fairly un-noticeable that is?

Thanks for your help

Gerry

No, it's ok apart from the noise. If you put non return valves in the pipes (unless they're already fitted) you can modify the internals of the tap so both H and C come out of both waterways, which solves the problem.

you can spend hours fiddling about :rolleyes: instead of buying a Franke......which ironically rhymes with Planker :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Cheers for the help - (no, not you Nige :D ) - I will keep the ball valves turned down a notch and the next time i go to buy a kitchen tap I will buy an expensive one!!

Odd thing is that there are no bad views or reviews of the Ikea tap on the web... maybe its a case of peoples expectations being different.

G

Their kitchens are terrible as well.

look OK but a b***er to fit.

There's no void behind the carcasses for pipework, unless your walls are dead plumb the units are impossible to fit without using wider worktops or severe wall bashing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back