Mk 6400s RCD Connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Could anyone tell me what connections are what on the MK 6400s as is does not state on the unit itself, the top connectors are copper based and the bottom are siver in colour.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi I/M,
In theory it does not matter however normally the incoming pair go in the top and the outgoing pair in the bottom.
Cheers
Horaceg

horaceg said:
Hi I/M,
In theory it does not matter however normally the incoming pair go in the top and the outgoing pair in the bottom.
Cheers
Horaceg

Hi, what about positive and neutral, left or right or does this not matter.

Once again many thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
No it doesn't.

Except if it has a white earth wire, in which case it probably does. MEM ones come with the terminals marked L and N, Load and Live, and have brown and blue screw covers fitted.

If you look at the illustration in the catalogue (esp if they have a pic of one fitted in a split-load) you will see how they expect it to be fitted.

Are the MEM ones now electronic RCDs JohnD?

I don't think it matters which way around the MK is wired. If the supply live is in the left on the top the load live must go in the left on the bottom, neutral supply in top right, neutral load in bottom right.

Spark123 said:
Are the MEM ones now electronic RCDs JohnD?

I don't think it matters which way around the MK is wired. If the supply live is in the left on the top the load live must go in the left on the bottom, neutral supply in top right, neutral load in bottom right.

Hi Spark123, yes I understood that the left would have to match the left, either live or neutral but was not too sure how important the supply and load was (top or bottom), also left or right for live or neutral.

Thanks

I suppose... they all have the thin white earth wire which I believe is used for electronic DC sensing or something... it also says it works if supply neutral is lost. the RCBO pods have it as well as the 2P RCDs. They make left-handed ones :rolleyes: for the AD non-split loads where it goes on the left hand side instead of a main switch.

The MEM ones are DC sensing, hence the earth wire. (Why isn't it G/Y?)

If I remember the 6400S doesn't have a func. earth lead. Its the 100mA / 100A Time Delay fella and only has in and out for phase & neutral.

TTC

Where does the term DC sensing come from? Is it because they are a type A RCD - Protection against AC fault currents and pulsating DC currents? Anyone got a schematic diagram, just curious to see what is inside them electronic RCDs?

Taylortwocities said:
If I remember the 6400S doesn't have a func. earth lead. Its the 100mA / 100A Time Delay fella and only has in and out for phase & neutral.

TTC

Yes you are 100% correct with your memory!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back