modem connection problem

Out of interest, how many other USB devices do you have that are powered from the USB. If you have many, you might benefit from an externally powered USB hub.

Sponsored Links
oh well didnt come back with the info asked for so can only presume the problem has been resolved?

I dont have access to internet all the time only at work so wont be able to reply promptly. I also wont get access to the pc untill next weekend so cant check the com number yet.

There are quite a few usb ports though. from memory i reckon there are 4 rectangular ones on the tower itself and another 2 are available via a pci card. Obviously I've tried all of these.

Thanks for your patience.

you misunderstand me, its not the com port number thats important just that the entry is in the list(read my previous post again), if it exists then i may have the solution to your problem.

Sponsored Links
oh, ok.

I have a list of stuff but none say usb:

bluetooth dialup networking client
0x16c95x communications port (Com1)
Toshiba BT Port (com10)
Toshiba BT Port (com11)
Toshiba BT Port (com12)
Toshiba BT Port (com13)
Toshiba BT Port (com3)
Toshiba BT Port (com4)
Toshiba BT Port (com40)
Toshiba BT Port (com6)
Toshiba BT Port (com7)

But currently this pc managed to connect so I guess you would want me to check when i cant connect?

Thanks

No its not what i was suspecting then, a latency issue with the USB serial com port. though in saying that does the first item in the list tally up with the markings on the modem? It has been known for the port to be "software bridged" to USB and therefore in use(only one serial device can communicate on a com line at any one time), have you anything plugged to com 1 when the modem fails to connect?

The bluetooth dialup client connection is interesting, wonder if there is conflict there?

No nothing connected to com1. It connects at random.

Im going to remove the bluetooth drivers and see if that makes a difference.

Sponsored Links
Back