Modern Alarms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are moving into a new office that has a Modern Alarms (Series 3000) alarm fitted. The office has been empty for some time and the system has obviously been turned off. Turning it back on again sounds the alarm and the panel shows a tamper warning.

I have tried tracking down Modern Alarms but have had no luck. Does anyone have contact details or information about Modern? I'm not sure whether they no longer exist, have changed their name etc... Alternatively, any information on resetting the system or similar would be much appreciated.

TIA

Sponsored Links
Sorted - Modern are now ADT (for anyone who needs to know in the future!)

Correct.
Also the 3000 seriespanel is more commonly known as a Scantronic 9100 panel.
When powering up type in the code to silence, then close thr panel cover then type in the code again, this, should reset it, unless other faults exist. Or if it was amonitored alarm it may need a engineers reset, or completely crashing and reprogrammed - not for the faint hearted.

Many thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately the office has been empty for several years and the access code has been long since lost and/or forgotten. It's not monitored, just audible alarm. Any info on a reset method would be much appreciated. There's various documents left in the office for the unit but they are just the usual user manuals.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately the office has been empty for several years and the access code has been long since lost and/or forgotten. It's not monitored, just audible alarm. Any info on a reset method would be much appreciated. There's various documents left in the office for the unit but they are just the usual user manuals.

Thanks again.
To load factory defaults:
1. Power down the system, both mains and battery.
2. Remove the NVM chip carefully.
3. Power up the system, battery first then mains.
4. Re-fit the NVM chip.
The system loads factory defaults.
5. Key in 1234 to cancel any sounders and proceed as normal.

Don't do the above if you don't have the engineer manual, you'll never re-programme it, easy with the book, track it down first.

I've found this - http://www.eurotechsecurity.com/manuals/INTRUDER/9100USER.PDF which looks to include eveything required? It also mentions the factory default setup procedure just posted.

The factory reset looks fine, as does entering the programming mode. However, the only section relating to the zone programming is on the top of page 6. We have 3 motion sensors and 2 door contacts and standard entry would always be via the main door. I presume by default that all zones if triggered will sound the alarm and that its just a case of selecting which zone starts the entrance timer? Or is it the other way round - "entry route zone enabled" looks to be the defualt for each zone so is it a case of disabling this for every zone that should just trigger the alarm? Everything else looks fairly self explantory (bell delay, entry time, etc...)

Thanks again, very much appreciated.

My main query was over the zone programming. By default does each zone alarm or set as entry?

I've managed to get to the office today (finally less snow around) and did the factory reset. No alarms sounded when the chip was reinserted, just left the system with a solid power light. I then tried entering 1234 but this just set the alarm off - presumably because it's not been setup in anyway?

Thanks again.

Ok... having had another try the only things I need claryfying for the setup are:

Zone Setup - By default each is set to "Entry route zone enabled" - Presumably all zones except the intended entry zone (in our case front door) need to be set to disabled?

To program the system after loading the default settings does the DC power strobe and bell need to be disconnected?

Thanks again.

this is how toput you panel back to factory default.power off the mains supply to panel remove the lid disconect the internal battery ,ok if it has an onboard digital comunicator this has to be unpluged by just pulling it off you can leave any wires on the digi if you like or cut them one at a time they should be two blue wires this is the phone line!,ok now to the next step if you look at the main pcb you will see a chip called nvm it has 8 legs 4 either side ok if you have found it the next step is to remove it without bending or snaping any legs of it dont worry its quite simple.
ok with this chip removed power up the panel with mains power and put this code into the keypad customer code 1234 this will stop the panel from sounding off and you will see the red led display flashing,ok now if you look at the panel just to the left midle you will see a spring hold this in and put 0 ent 7890 thi will take the panel into engineers mode and now it is ready to program,if you need help programing it give me a shout on this forum.ex modern alrms engineer

I find the easiest way to remove the nvm without bending the legs is a pair of long nose pliers and gripping across the ends. Same to put it back in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back