Moisture on top of drywall in window frame out

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I have an underground basement with a full size egress window.

The window is set in a metal frame which was poured into the concrete foundation. the foundation goes about a foot above this metal window frame.

I just observed the paint bubbling on the build out of the window at the top so I tore it out.

I observed a lot of water drops on the metal window frame however I cannot see where water is coming in. The only thing I can figure is that it is condensation (maybe)

the walls around the window are dry.

The drywall was in direct contact with the metal window frame. You can see this at 28 seconds on the video.

Would this cause the moisture build up? or is there something else?

this link takes you to a video of the window the red is water color I put up to help identify any possible leak so far nothing. The moisture was on the bottom side of the red line.

What is the best way to correct this?

Sponsored Links
This is a UK website, and building methods are very different here. Basements are uncommon. You would do better to join a site nearer home.

p.s.
your video link gives access to your other videos. You can use the "edit" button to remove or change it, or the "report" button to request deletion.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back