Mondeo front disk removal tips

Sponsored Links
The discs rust up badly around the drive flange if they have been on a long time and you usually have to resort to brute force and ignorance (a lump hammer), Don't forget to wear goggles and gloves.
regards johnwr
PS you will not be able to reuse then after using this method. :LOL: :LOL:
pps use this method at your own risk.

Usualy old Mondeo discs come off in pieces! As has been said - wear full face protection if possible.

Sponsored Links
I think you will find that I said the same as you on the 29th October, Helps if you read the previous post.
johnwr

Any tips for taking off front brake disk on a mondeo
Mine has just gone "While I was Driving It"
WARNING TO OTHER MONDEO USERS.
Check your front brake discs go a little back from the wheel studs to the middle or check my pics on here you will see the disc in question! Make sure you check that you have no visible fractures around this area otherwise this could happen to you.

I had been driving along a road and came across a crash involving a motorcyclist laying in the road so was diverted along another route.
I was driving along at a moderate speed and saw a car parked on my left with a person stood at the drivers side talking to the driver.
A Police car all of a sudden was in my path he had come around this corner at very high speed with no siren but had blue lights and headlights flashing.
He hit his brakes and skidded slightly i had to veer to my left so not to hit the Police car head on but also to steer around the parked car and as i did so there was a loud bang from my side of the vehicle i momentarily lost half of my foot pedal travel and it then came back enough for me to pull up safely. I got out and after jacking the car up i found that the whole brake disc hub had sepperated from the disc itself. So now its going to be a set of new discs and pads. Not worth replacing one side.

The site probably existed almost 2 years ago when the post was made!
Mondeo disks are nutorious for being a pain to remove, plenty of brute force and ignorance is needed! Drilling a sequence of holes in the old disk around the centre flange might help.

Depending on what condition the disc is it shouldnt be to bad... I just had to replace the while left side suspention on my mk2 mondeo..

I would say use a hammer to tap the disc on each side to see if it free's up......

If you dont use to much force you should beable to use the disc again :)

If this is an older Mondeo then a few tap`s will not be sufficiant and the disc will be in no fit state to be used again, last time I removed a set both sides came of in several pieces!

I am not sure about a mk1 but like i said i had to remove the complete suspention on my left hand side and the disc come off quite easy without any brute force....

But then again i have a mk2 mondeo.

Sponsored Links
Back