Monoblock O rings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Astracast Dove Monoblock (about 10 years old)After help from this site on how to get to the o rings and replacing them with a selection from the local DIY store I still have an annoying leak from the spout to swivel block join. So I have bought replacements from the makers astacast and they arrived today. There are two , a small one which I can see where it goes at the bottom, the larger one , I have two possiblities, a larger ring lower down the spout and a thinner one above that. I am 'guessing' the grub screw locates into the top one so the ring goes on the lower one? But I would rather not guess, can anyone please advise me?Also do I use anything to get them on, or put them on dry?
And should I use something to seal the grub screw hole?Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links
Silicone grease; or vaseline but it won't last.
The grub screw should be above wet level, and will NOT go into one of the O ring grooves.

Thanks, when you say it wont last you mean it is only of use to get the rings on and then is washed out?
Also if I have two of the larger o ring fitting areas, should I fit two?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back