More deaths in the channel.

Sponsored Links
Yea, let's blame someone else as always. Not our problem guv...

Yep I agree blame the french they set off from France

If you did not already know ? France is an independent self governing country

The Uk has had no sway in France since ??? Not sure but the 14 th century ????

Do you think, when the brave RNLI folks turn out to shout, they are even bothered about your direct debit?

I doubt they are, and the brave crews aren't paid, the coxswain and skipper are, as are the entire admin base and management in Poole, they might be bothered when donations dry up, and they will..

Sponsored Links
What a terrible loss of life. If only people stopped to think about the risk of piling in 30+ people in to a small boat. If it's where it was reported to be, there really should have been no need for the RNLI to take people back to UK for treatment. Sadly a lot of people are stopping donations and the charity is struggling to balance the books.

There is absolutely no reason rescuers cannot take people back to France. If the illegal immigrants thought that they'd be taken back to France they wouldn't pay the traffickers thousands for "seat" in a boat that is as safe as a bath tub. The problem would end within weeks.

I'd like to hear workable solutions from anyone on this thread saying - the government need to fix it.

Are you disputing my post?

Have a wee look at those who have voiced their disapproval of the RNLI.

Standard RWR pi$$, bile and hatred.
You see no problem that a rescue boat travels across the English channel rather than going to a French port within touching distance?

You see no problem that a rescue boat travels across the English channel rather than going to a French port within touching distance?
Eh?
I see no problem in the RNLI operating in the English Channel, no.

Are you disputing my post?

Have a wee look at those who have voiced their disapproval of the RNLI.

Standard RWR pi$$, bile and hatred.
Nobody can dispute it is your opinion, however incorrect it may be.

Again, people are not blaming RNLI volunteers, they rush in when others stand back. e.g. the local equivalent who would have been much closer. I imagine their funding would grow significantly if they took them back to France when they rescued them. This would be of course perfectly legal.

"..Five French ships, two British ships and a helicopter were involved in the vast operation, which had begun at about 4am UK time.."
….just off the French coast. The survivors were then taken out of French waters and on to the UK. I hear the RNLI are going to be deployed just off the coast of Lampedusa.

Sponsored Links
Back