More pilot light woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just found this font of knowledge. :)

I have a Potterton Tattler RS46 gas boliler which is over 25 years old.

Last week the pilot light went out, [1st time in 5 years]. It relit straight away. In the meantime I bought a new thermo-couple; today pilot goes out and wont stay on with old or new thermo-couple fitted.

Is this likely to be something simple or am I maybe looking at a new boiler given present one's age ??

Thanks for any input.

Sponsored Links
Thankls for quick reply. Should have also mentioned, the electrode lead for the piezo igniter has come adrift, I light it manually. Would this have any impact.

No. Have you fitted the new theromcouple correctly and tightened the connection to the gas valve properly?

Sponsored Links
No. Have you fitted the new theromcouple correctly and tightened the connection to the gas valve properly?

Dave,

While you were posting this, as a last resort I adjusted the TC tip to the top of the flame and voila ! Problem solved.

Thanks very much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back