mosasic tiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
somebody told me that i need to use a cement based tile adhesive and grout to tile around a bath/shower unit. is this correct-thanks

Sponsored Links
prof.peeweeplop said:
somebody told me that i need to use a cement based tile adhesive and grout to tile around a bath/shower unit. is this correct-thanks

You need a class AA which comes in a cement form (bag) and dispersion form (bucket).

Class AA is water resistant and won't break back down with water but water can pass through it so you could do with really tanking the background firstly if you background isn't water resistant (plaster, plasterboard, wood etc)

The only adhesive you don't need to use is a class B which will go back to a soggy form when it gets wet. They should say on the back of the tubs what class and type they are.

If the job still hasn't been done, let me know, I think i have a write up somewhere on my PC still about fixing mosaics.

Sponsored Links
AFH Dan said:
If the job still hasn't been done, let me know, I think i have a write up somewhere on my PC still about fixing mosaics.

i know this post is pretty old, but if you still have that write up i could really do with it. i need to mosaic tile my bathroom and am new to tiling so i'm trying to read up as much as possible about it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back